Saturday, September 10, 2011

Footwear, shoes, heel height, leaving shoes at the door....



S H O E S

  • Leaving shoes at the door.....did you know according to research that everyday we track all sorts of pollutants into our homes, including lawn pesticides, coal tar from asphalt surfaces, lead, and even e. coli.  Taking off your shoes when you get in is an easy way to keep those toxins out.
  • Also if we alternate your heel height each day we are actually helping out ourselves.


  • High heels put up to 26% more pressure on your knees and up to 76% more pressure on the balls of your feet, wearing hem everyday can stiffen your Achilles tendons and permanently damage the muscles in your legs and joints in your feet.  Doctors say we should lessen those effects by alternating heels of varying heights.



  • So how come those heels look so good on us, Ladies?
  • What's your secret for your aching feet, do you wear flats or heels or a combination of both.  Would love to hear your comments and suggestions.  Unfortunately most of us cannot wear flip flops or tennis shoes to work, although its nice to ponder that thought.

3 comments:

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Clark shoes have a few nice looking heels that are very comfortable. Also, my work is more casual, so I can get away with loafers and other styles too. I have to have good arch support now that I have some fibroid tumors, unfortunately. But I can still look good with the right comfort shoe.

PoiseMatters said...

Thank you Jackie for your feedback, appreciate your thoughts.

Unknown said...

A cute ballet slipper flat is nice, but there's something about a heal that is so appealing. I walked around the D23 Expo for three days in heels. I wanted to present myself in a certain way, and I'm glad I did. And don't get me started on boots with a heel! Those are my weakness! I yearn for boot season all summer long. By the way, I think I might be in love with the pink heal with the brown bow in your blog picture.