- Avocados: If an avocado is served in its shell, it is eaten with a spoon. If it is served in slices, it is eaten with a knife and fork.
- Caviar: Caviar is meant to be spread on bread and then the bread is eaten with the fingers.
- Crabs: Hard shell crabs are eaten with a knife and fork.
- Doughnuts: These are eaten with your fingers but remember, no dunking allowed in public ! At home dunk to your heart's delight !
- Grapes: Take a small bunch of grapes from the large bunch and put onto your plate. Eat your grapes one at a time and discard any seeds or skin you do not wish to eat into your hand and place these on the side of your plate.
- Eggs: Hard boiled eggs are cut with your knife and fork and then eaten with your fork. If you are served a soft boiled egg in a cup, slice the top of egg with your knife and use your spoon to eat the rest of the egg from the shell. The egg can also be put into a bowl and eaten with a spoon.
- Lemon Wedges: The wedge is squeezed onto your food with one hand and the other hand is used to shield the juice from hitting your neighbor.
- Peas: These are a little difficult to deal with if you are eating American style. The best way to eat them is to push them onto your fork with a little piece of your roll. Never use your fingers !! If you are eating European style, you can spear the little devils with your fork.
Monday, October 25, 2010
How to eat certain foods -